fail in a sentence?
example of failure
Verb We must be ready to defeat our enemies in battle. Our candidate defeated him in the last election. She finally found a solution to many other researchers’ problems. The bill was rejected in the state Senate.
How do you use failure in a sentence?
beat sentence example
- Taran can beat him. …
- He shook his head in defeat, opened the door for her, and bowed deeply. …
- The only human who can help us defeat evil, and you chose him. …
- Not enough to defeat my father and his allies. …
- He raised his hands in failure and disappeared upstairs.
What is the sentence for victory?
victory in a sentence
I have the confidence to win. He won. This is his moment of victory. Undisciplined soldiers cannot win on the battlefield.
How to use make in a sentence?
[M] [T] I’m going to make a cake for Mary’s birthday. [M] [T] He tried to make his wife happy, but couldn’t. [M] [T] I asked her to make four copies of this letter. [M] [T] I checked to make sure he was still alive.
How do you use the word failure as a noun?
- [uncountable, countable] Failed to win or succeed. The party faces defeat in the election. They were defeated badly in the final. …
- [countable, usually singular] The act of winning over someone/something. The army caused a serious setback to the rebels. The failure of fascism.
Fail – Pronunciation + Examples in Sentences and Phrases
23 related questions found
What is the word for failure?
(Items 1 of 2) Transitive verbs. 1: win : defeated their longtime nemesis in the championship game The bill was voted down in the Senate. 2a: Frustration 2a(1) Frustration of hope. Method b: Defeat a stratum ineffectively.
Is failure a bad word?
Failure is often used in sports and other situations that involve direct competition and produce measurable results. In all senses, failure is negative (Except for those who beat, of course).
What are the 7 types of sentences?
Another approach is based on sentence structure (simple, compound, compound, and compound compound).
- statement/declarative sentence. These are the most common types of sentences. …
- Question/Interrogative Sentence. …
- Exclamation/exclamation. …
- command/command sentence.
What are example sentences?
what sentence example
- what time is it? 720. 230.
- What is an earthquake? 419. 209.
- What time do we leave tomorrow? 371. 174.
- What should that mean? 224. 101.
- Besides losing more sleep, what can he do? 263. 143.
- What did she eat today? 120…
- This is what I said. 100…
- What the hell is this? 116.
Is it in English?
[M] [T] Tom and John are good friends. [M] [T] Two students are absent today. [M] [T] We live at my uncle’s house. [M] [T] You and he are very kind.
What does victory belong to me mean?
meaning of the word Leave a discussion after an absolute victory. Example: My presentation was very successful. This is the ultimate microphone drop. viny n.
How do you express victory?
A list of phrases related to the word « victory »…
- A triumph of common sense.
- The triumph of art.
- Or my beating heart (the meaning and origin of this sentence…)
- Make a hole.
- You can’t win just because you lose.
- Catch the ball to win the game.
- Liars never win, winners never cheat (Proverb)
- Dig for Victory (WWII slogan)
Which preposition is used for victory?
in 8% of cases victory used to
In any case, win or lose, Ovette is more magnanimous.
What is the verb for beat?
Full Definition of Beats
(Items 1 of 4) Transitive verbs. 1: repeated blows: a : Repeated beatings causing pain Prisoners are held in solitary confinement for beating other prisoners. —
What does it mean to feel defeated?
When you are disappointed or think that everything is not going well, you feel defeated. If you are determined to win, you can say, « I will not admit defeat! » Some people are so stubborn that they do not admit defeat even though they have been defeated.
What are 5 sentences?
- My mom taught me to eat everything on my plate at dinner.
- The only problem with pencils is that they don’t stay sharp long enough.
- Our school building is brick.
- Every night, I wake up to the barking of the dog across the street.
- Salads are for rabbits.
What is a sentence 10 example?
10 Simple Sentence Examples
- Does he play tennis?
- The train leaves every morning at 18:00.
- Water freezes at 0°C.
- I love my new pet.
- They don’t go to school tomorrow.
- We drink coffee every morning.
- 7. My dad never works on weekends.
- Cats hate water.
What are three sentences?
The three basic types of sentences are declarative sentence (declarative), interrogative (question), and imperative (command).
What are the 8 types of sentences?
- complex sentences.
- Complex sentences.
- Compound compound sentences.
- Conditional sentences.
- declarative sentence.
- imperative sentence.
- interrogative sentence.
- simple sentences.
Which is an exclamatory sentence?
An exclamatory sentence is one of four sentence types (declarative, interrogative, imperative, exclamatory).exclamation exclamation. They express strong feelings or opinions in one of two forms: form. Function.
What is an affirmative sentence?
An affirmative sentence is statement of fact. Such sentences are simple statements. They state, assert or declare something. They are also called declarative sentences. Affirmative sentences usually end with a period or period.
What word is better to beat?
Some common synonyms for failure are conquerovercome, overthrow, reduce, subdue and conquer.
What is the difference between defeat and victory?
If you win a war, battle, game or contest, you defeat your opponent. The past tense and past participle of win is won /wʌn/. …in war or battle, you say one side beats the other. The French defeated the British army.